Feb 7, 2017

Create28: Denim for Work

Friends, do you wear denim everywhere? You know like out and about, parties, work, church, date nights...the whole gamete? Denim is so versatile and depending on what you do with it it can cross the seasons and venues and still be appropriate. Choosing a few good denim {or chambray} staples will take your wardrobe lots of places {Oh, the places you'll go! We love you, Dr. Seuss!}

I love this denim shirt that I purchased at The Limited several seasons ago! It's the perfect weight and texture. It's also soft which is a weird thing to say about denim but it's true. It has so many options and goes with probably everything I own.

Pairing it with a black pencil skirt and pearls is something I adore. Polished and professional with ease, friends. Plus it is simple and structured. If it's too cold for a skirt, slip on black pants and it's another polished look, straight out of classic.


Ladies, you know the rule of three for style, right? It's a top + bottom + a completer piece. For this look, my completer piece is a statement necklace. Not complicated but still put-together, structured and polished. Since I love classic style, I try to create looks fit with my go-to comfort and words: structured, simple, put-together, polished and professional. What words define your style? Easy casual, boho, chic, modern, etc. Defining your words and style is a step in building the wardrobe you love and will wear.
  denim shirt

I went back into the archives to find some other other looks with denim for work. Some offices are more casual so some of my other looks might be just the right inspiration for that environment. These are previous looks that I've featured on the blog. For the most part and depending on your work environment, these looks would be appropriate. I have worn these to work in the past. denimforwork denimforwork2Tomorrow Whitney will be here featuring an Over-Layered look. I didn't ask what that prompt meant because I wanted to be surprised! Please stop back and visit to find out what cuteness she has in store for us.
#create28winter17



Hope your day is STYLISH and BEAUTIFUL! Carrie ~ xoxox Where you'll find me linking up.        
SaveSave
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment